Re: [Xen-users] NAT configuration

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 23:00, jaikumar Ganesh wrote:
> Hi All
> I have 2 VMs that need to run on the same MAC address and other running on
> different MAC addresses (don't ask me why :-) )
>
> Domain 0 is able to ping all the VMs and VMs with different MAC addresses
> are able to ping each other.
>
> However, the 2 VMs that share the MAC address are not able to ping each
> other. Not sure how to configure the NAT here.
>
> Would be great if someone could let me know how to do this

Well, you can't have the same MAC twice on the same ethernet segment, so
obviously you need to seperate the segments.

create two bridges in dom0, say xen-br0 and xen-br1, and have each of the
domains connect to only one of them. (with xen-br1 running without a real
network iface inside dom0)

Put the two bridges in two different IP subnets inside dom0, and add routing
and maybe nat between them.

Now the second, cloned MAC will never be seen outside of dom0, meaning that
there can't possibly be any reason left to keep that circus running, at this
point just change the mac adress of one domU, drop the second bridge, and be
happy about it.

/Ernst