[Xen-users] Dom0 eth0 has different MAC address than expected, ignoring

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Dom0 eth0 has different MAC address than expected, ignoring
From: "Ian W" <iw05t@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 22:38:34 -0500
Bcc:
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 03:38:52 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I'm a newbie to Xen and I need some help. I saw user 'datto' had a similar problem but changed to FC4 to resolve it.

I'm currently running FC3 and Xen2.0.7. I did the usual 'make install' and I can boot into Xen dom0. However, my network card is not working. The driver is found in the linux-2.6.11.12-xen0 tree but not selected. I rebuilt the kernel by compiling the Marvel Yukon/SysKonnect SK98xx driver both in the kernel and as a module but to no avail.

So the error message I have is
"Device eth0 has different MAC address than expected, ignoring."

If I remove the MAC address completely either using the GUI or under /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and /etc/sysconfig/networking/ifcfg-eth0 (HWADDR), and I try to re-activate the network card, I get the message "sk98lin device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization."

I also tried using a MAC like AA:00:00:0E:1A:DF but still have the same "different MAC" message.

I don't think it's a driver problem since the kernel has the driver listed in the .config file. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

-Ian

Take advantage of powerful junk e-mail filters built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen Technology. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.