Re: [Xen-users] using Xen as a span

To: Richard Sperry <sysop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] using Xen as a span
From: "Dirk H. Schulz" <dirk.schulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 09:02:26 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 08:01:21 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Richard,

Richard Sperry schrieb:

I am trying to find a way to use Xen as the core for an appliance. We need
to send the syslogs and SQL to two sources, but the application only
provides one location.
can xen route all traiffic on ethx to two xen instances?
I am sorry but I cannot imagine this making sense - you would have to manipulate session info etc. What exactly do you want to do?

If you simply want to have two servers receiving syslog traffic you can configure syslog on the source server to send it to both.

With SQL it is more complicated. Do you want to have a backup database? Then you would have to use your DBMS to mirror the db (or setup a db cluster).

Dirk