Re: [Xen-users] vif-antispoof

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] vif-antispoof
From: Mats Engstrom <mats.engstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 23:31:08 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 22:28:19 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Dirk,

I also had problems getting it to work when I tried it some  months ago.  As far as I can remember I had just the same symptoms as you.

In order to get have the iptables correctly setup by vif-bridge in antispoof-mode the kernel must have the pysdev option in the netfilter section enabled and/or loaded as a module.  When compiled into the kernel the line in the .config -file should look lite this: CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_PHYSDEV=y

After recompling and installing a new Dom0-kernel it worked just fine.