Re: [Xen-users] NFS Problem

On Thursday 27 October 2005 14:50, DIEDERIT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
> Hi, I am not able to start nfs.
>
> [root@localhost sunrpc]# service nfs start
> Starting NFS services:                                     [  OK  ]
> Starting NFS quotas:                                       [  OK  ]
> Starting NFS daemon:                                       [FAILED]
> Starting NFS mountd:                                       [  OK  ]
> Starting NFS4 idmapd: FATAL: Module sunrpc not found.
> FATAL: Error running install command for sunrpc
>
> How to solve this problem?
> I'm running xen3.0

Well, NFS is part of your linux distro, not xen, so start looking there to fix
it.

Unfortunately you did not tell what flavor of linux you're running, so here
some wild guesses:

- NFS Server support is not installed => install it.
- support packages for NFS are not installed (portmap &co) => install them.
- Kernel is lacking NFS daemon support => enable it, and recompile the kernel.
- you xenU? kernel is compiled with NFSD as module, but you didn't copy the
modules into the domU filesystem. => copy the domU kernel modules to domU.

/Ernst