Re: [Xen-users] routed network (not only one vif needed?) (corrected mai

To: Sueveges Gyoergy <georg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] routed network (not only one vif needed?) (corrected mail)
From: "Dirk H. Schulz" <dirk.schulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 20:56:31 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 18:53:45 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Sueveges Gyoergy schrieb:

Hi

 Thnx for the answer.

So do you think I need bridged network?
I have the dom0 (having public IP, and being also part of the private network) and ths DOMU-s as the subnetwork (192.168.0.x). I don't understand what will be happened with the network interfaces at briding: - There will be an xen-br0 interface created with my DOM0's (public) IP address - When starting my DOM1 a mew VIF interface on DOM0 will be created, but there will be no interface created on DOM1.

What I would except: having one virtual interface on dom0, that all the domU could see as gateway. On DOMu there should be an eth0 everywehere where I would set the appropriate IP adresses, gateways.. So with that I'd have a virtual router on DOM0. Maybe
is this concept worng?

If you had one interface in dom0 that all domU could see, then every domU could "hear" all the traffic of the other domUs. That would be the opposite of security.

Thus you have a virtual interface for every domU in dom0 (which is the pseudo real interface inside domU). When there is traffic (lets say, between domU1 and domU2), then dom0 connects those two virtual interfaces using the bridge. Someone somewhere said the bridge is like a crossover cable between two doms, and every pair of doms has its own crossover cable. And all these crossover cables together form the bridge.

How schould I live with the interfaces created by xen bridge scripts in this case?

I am sorry, George, I do not understand the question. What is the problem with these interfaces?

Dirk

Thnx
 George