Re: [Xen-users] Using Xen as a jail for malicious code

> > That's what it was originally created for: containment of arbitrary
> > untrusted code submitted to a Xenoserver (Xenoservers project described:
> > http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xeno/).
>
> What about the rogue DMA problem mentioned in some of the papers?
> Has this been addressed?

Rogue DMAs was only a problem if domains have access to real devices - for
unprivileged domains (the norm) which just have virtual devices it's never
been an issue.

Conversely, domains which do have real device access must always be considered
privileged, due to limitations of current hardware.  Usually that's just
dom0, though, unless you've got a really advanced setup.

Cheers,
Mark