[Xen-users] Re: installing a new domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: installing a new domU
From: Fred Blaise <chapeaurouge@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 10:45:22 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:42:57 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 10/18/05, Fred Blaise <chapeaurouge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have a stupid question...
>
> How do you actually install a new OS inside a new domainU ?
> I assumed it'd be vmware like, meaning, given the following config:
>
> kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12-xenU"
> memory = 512
> name = "oes1"
> disk = [ 'phy:vgdata/lv_xen_oes1,hda1,w' ]
> disk = [ 'phy:md2,hda2,w' ]
> dhcp="dhcp"
> root = "/dev/hda1 ro"
> extra = "4"

I got a little farther doing this:

disk = [ 'phy:hdd,hdd,r' , 'phy:vgdata/lv_xen_oes1,hda1,w' , 'phy:hda5,hda2,w' ]
where hdd is my cdrom device, lv_xen_oes1 the /, and hda2 my swap
space.. but i still get this:

Freeing unused kernel memory: 152k freed
Warning: unable to open an initial console.
Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.