Re: [Xen-users] network troubles...

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 17:25, Daniel Nelson wrote:
> How do you set up your internet connection?  Or is it one of those?  I
> have the joys of static IPs for each computer assigned via DHCP and
> I'd like to adapt your config, as it's the most elegant way of doing
> it that I've seen on gentoo.  Do you have to call any other scripts on
> domU startup to, for example, start virtual interfaces?  Is there a
> document somewhere that deals with Xen and Gentoo's networking?

Well, basically put all options you had in config_eth0, routes_eth0, ... into
config_br0, routes_br0 and so on.
in your case its prolly config_br0=("dhcp").

don't forget to rc-config add net.br0  after creating a net.br0->net.lo
symlink in /etc/init.d

the bridge "inherits" the MAC of the first eth device attached, so the dhcp
client should be able to get the IP config just fine.

for the xen config: I havn't disabled the network / bridging scripts there,
those are smart enough to not foobar the config when the bridge in question
is already up. Not sure if there's a problem in disabling them.

I haven't found any usefull documentation for Xen/Gentoo yet, but also didn't
have a reason to look for one.
I've basically choosen that way cause my desktop box, where I tried xen first,
already had a bridge fully configured and running for use with bluetooth pan,
and I simply reused that bridge for the domU.

/Ernst