Re: [Xen-users] Error creating domU

To: Xen-Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sanjay Gupta <gsanjay@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Error creating domU
From: Ted Kaczmarek <tedkaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 08:51:32 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 12:48:59 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 06:35 -0600, Sanjay Gupta wrote:
> Hi List,
> Greetings. I installed SuSE 9.3 and SuSE 10 as domU's on SuSE 10 as
> dom0. Installation went fine
> and both the vm's booted up. I then, tried setting up network
> interfaces with out any success.
> In between i shutdown my domains and now when i try to bring them up, i
> always gets an error
> message, "Error: Error creating domain: (2, "No such file or
> directory').
>
> How can i know, which files are being referred to. Any pointers, help
> will be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanx,
> Sanjay

I usually just do an ls on whatever is specified as a file in the config
or try to mount whatever phy is specified. Maybe an rfe to add the
filename to the log output is justifiable. Running debug would seem a
tad overkill for something like this.

Regards,
Ted