RE: [Xen-users] System hangs while creating DomU

To: Gabriel Patiño <gepatino@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] System hangs while creating DomU
From: "Cole, Ray" <Ray_Cole@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 09:54:45 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:52:32 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I saw something similar running Xen 2.0-testing on a machine with a P4.  I'd
been running on it just fine, but I decided to see how performance would be
with and without hyperthreading enabled.  So I went into the system setup and
disabled hyperthreading.  Domain 0 started booting and when it got to the point
of starting my guest domains it locked up tight.  I re-enabled hyperthreading
after a few more tries and it started running fine.  So I'm wondering if you
have HT enabled or disabled on your system.  If you have it disabled, try
enabling it.  FWIW, I'm using Redhat AS 4.0 for my host.

-- Ray