Re: [Xen-users] DarwinStreamingServer Error with Live migration

To: 고광원 <kwangwon.koh@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] DarwinStreamingServer Error with Live migration
From: "Michael Paesold" <mpaesold@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:32:27 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 07:31:01 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
고광원 (Kwang-Won Koh) wrote:
I'm currently testing Xen 2.07, and 2 nodes are in different subnet.

What do you mean with different subnet? AFAIK, the problem that sessions will terminate is to be expected when the nodes are not within the same switched network, i.e. connected through a router. The IP/ARP migration works by sending ARP packets that will tell the switch to modify the entries. This will only work if both nodes are connected to the network on the same switched network.

See http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/readmes/user/user.html#SECTION02430000000000000000 "Furthermore we currently require both source and destination machines to be on the same L2 subnet."

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold