[Xen-users] LAN configuration?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] LAN configuration?
From: Alan Murrell <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:11:42 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:09:35 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi There,

I currently have several machines doing seperate tasks that I'd like to
consolidate into one machine and make more efficient use of system
resources.

I have ben reading through the Xen docs, wiki, and list archives and
have it all figured out except for one part, which I am hoping you might
be able to help me out with....

My Xen server has three NICs... one for remote management of dom0 and
the other two will be hidden from dom0 and assigned to the firewall.
One NIC onthe firewall will be for the Internet, the other for the LAN,
and I will use a 'vif' interface for the DMZ (since the only machine in
it will be a guest server)

My problem is that I plan on having a couple of the guest systems on the
Xen server ontheLAN as well, but since the physical LAN NIC onthe
firewall will be connected to a physical switch, I am not sure how to
pull this off.

Is it possible to use a 'vif' interface and perhaps bridge it and have
it all seamless?

If so, any pointers on how to do this (docs, HOWTO, etc.)

Thanks!  I look forward to hearing form you :-)

-Alan