Re: [Xen-users] lost interrupt with AMD System

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] lost interrupt with AMD System
From: Norbert Schollum <norbert.schollum@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:50:14 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:48:08 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

i solved the problem finally: the default XEN Kernel (dom0) does
not support the VIA Chipset (via82cxxx).

after activating this the problems disappeared ;)

best regards,
norbert

Mogens Valentin wrote:
Norbert Schollum wrote:
Hi,

we are currently testing using XEN 2.0.7 on a
AMD Athlon 1200 System.
The Mainboard is MSI 6330 with a 686B Southbridge.

We changed the harddisk to a Maxtor 40 GB IDE drive.
Before that we used a 20 GB Samsumg Drive.

With the Samsung Drive everything was ok.
Now using the Maxtor drive and trying to copy a large
amount of data within the dom0 system, we get a

hda: lost interrupt

and the copy proccess is really slow.
We tried the same copying using the default debian
Kernel, and it worked without any problems!

Using that default (non-Xen) Debian kernel on the same Maxtor?
The Xen system, is it a precompiled system, or did you install Xen on top of a selfbuild kernel?
Whichever way, maybe it's a problem with driverselection (VIA 686), or something in the cpu selection part.  Just an idea...

The Maxtor -is- verified ok, right?  Tried yet another known-good disk?
Are both tried disks same ATA standard?  Simple 80c cable problem?

--

Norbert Schollum
Dipl.-Inf.(FH)

IRC Support: