Re: [Xen-users] FC4 Xen install won't boot the xen kernel

--On Sunday, September 11, 2005 4:06 PM -0400 Rik van Riel <riel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005, Ed Greenberg wrote:

unmounting old /proc
unmounting old /sys

and stops.

This turned out to be a glibc bug, it segfaults parsing the
VDSO note.  If you boot with "vdso=0" things should work.

This did not change anything...

Roland gave me a workaround to apply kernel side, and I have
RPMs with this on my page:

        http://people.redhat.com/riel/

But this worked. I downloaded the new kernel packages, uninstalled the old, installed the new, and rebooted. The system came all the way up.

I had to create /var/run/xenstored and /var/lib/xenstored, rather than the /var/lib/xen/xenstored and /var/run/xen/xenstored versions that were referenced in the quickstart. Thanks to a posting on the list that I found in archives.

I've created three partitions with the appropriate skeletons in them, and I plan to yum install them tomorrow when I have better bandwidth.

Thanks,
</edg>