Re: [Xen-users] Booting FreeBSD diskless in DomU

To: Kip Macy <kip.macy@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Booting FreeBSD diskless in DomU
From: Geoff Buckingham <geoffb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 21:36:08 +0000
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 21:34:05 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 11:42:29AM -0700, Kip Macy wrote:
> I vaguely recall disabling xenFreeBSD's diskless support. One alternative is
> to have a small loopback mounted root with the majority of your files
> exported over NFS.

It seems odd that it hangs in the bpf initialisation though.

When you say you disabled xenFreeBSD's diskless support, is it missing an
option NFSROOT in the kernel or has the code gone?

I ask as i am interested in being able use xen to migrate freebsd instances
about between individual servers. Pure NAS would greatly simplify this.
(I notice the OpenSolaris xen guys say they brought their stuff up on NFS
for this reason.)