Re: [Xen-users] Re: xen 2.0.7 on VIA C3 (EPIA)

To: Helmut Wollmersdorfer <helmut.wollmersdorfer@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: xen 2.0.7 on VIA C3 (EPIA)
From: Mogens Valentin <mogensv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:19:05 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 20:16:11 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Helmut Wollmersdorfer wrote:
To be serious EPIAs are known to freeze often, which can have several reasons:
- weak power supply
- round "air flow" IDE/DMA cables

That I hadn't heard of. You -are- serious, eh? Care to explain a bit?

- buggy kernel (all before 2.4.23)
- the DMA bug
- the longhaul driver bug
- weak memory

Yes, I've heard of mem probs with VIA cards. Not too many memtweaking BIOS options; pity.
Using same mem on your different VIA systems? Tried swapping around.
Would be interesting to know what 'good' memory is for a VIA system.

- to warm
- to cold

Too cold? You have to be joking...
Don't tell me they have to reach a certain 'operating temperature'.

--
Kind regards,
Mogens Valentin