Re: [Xen-users] How to use a newer Kernel with 2.0.7

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] How to use a newer Kernel with 2.0.7
From: Ernst Bachmann <e.bachmann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 13:00:53 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 10:58:52 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
On Wednesday 07 September 2005 12:55, Patrick Scharrenberg wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I tried xen-2.0.7 binary-package which is missing support for my
> ide-controller.
> So I started compiling myself, but wodering that the buildscripts use
> 2.6.11 instead of 2.6.11.12 like in the binary-package.
> How can I tell the build-scripts to use an fresher version of the
> 2.6.11er kernel?

I might be wrong (I don't use xen Makefiles to patch/build my xen kernels),
but I think they do apply the 2.6.11->2.6.11.12 patch together with the xen
patches after unpacking the kernel.

Did you check the actual version number of the kernel sources inside your xen
directory?

/Ernst