Re: [Xen-users] tls library message won't go away

To: Rik van Riel <riel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] tls library message won't go away
From: Ramiro Willmersdorf <willmerstrog@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 13:17:23 -0300 (ART)
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 09:27:50 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yes, at least I think so, I get them both for Domain 0 and the
guest domains, and I don't have tls libraries anywhere.

For the guest domains, it's easier to read them, and in the
middle of the message, there is something like:

Offending process: udev (xx)

or

Offending proccess: hotplug (xx)

or

Offending process: init (xx)

I can't be more precise because I'm typing this from memory,
and different domains gave different messages (they are different
distributions).

I think that perhaps I should *not* be running udev, hotplug, etc,
in a guest domain. It was working before so I just left them in,
but I'm very open to suggestions.
On the other hand, if 'init' is causing the message, it's hardly
likely I can avoid running it :)

Thanks for confirming that message is harmless!

Anyway, I got it running with the 1.1447_FC4 kernels and
xen-2-20050823, but I had to create the directories:

/var/run/xenstored
/var/lib/xenstored

by hand so xend would start. That was not so easy to track down!
It took a bit of strace (out of habit) and source reading
(many thanks for writing it in python!) to find out why xend was
getting stuck in a loop.

I don't know if these directories were not created because I
upgraded from FC3 and did not do a fresh install, but I think this
could be a show stopper for some people.

Thanks for all involved! It's not 100% up yet because I had some
issues with the file system, possibly unrelated to Xen.