RE: [Xen-users] Fixed MAC address causes spurios networkconnectivityloss

To: <george@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Fixed MAC address causes spurios networkconnectivityloss.
From: "JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen)" <jhje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 22:06:58 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 20:05:02 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Thats very interesting,

Yes, another excellent way of putting it ;-).

> ive got a set of domUs that have flakey
> networking, all of which have a 'fixed' mac...
>
> They just drop off the network, arp tells me the mac address is
> incomplete, from both domU and dom0

Not quite what I see - I have not seen problems accessing the domU from
dom0. Lends weight to the theory that it is an external router/switch
phenomenon in my case.

> Sometimes they recover after a while
>
> im gonna try letting Xen allocate macs and see how it goes

Let us know what you find - strange if Xen-macs are better than
fixed-macs. Which one goes in the Happy Meal :-) ?

Cheers
-- Jan