Re: [Xen-users] Network / Xen & Suse 9.3 ... help appreciated

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Network / Xen & Suse 9.3 ... help appreciated
From: Damjan Rems <d_rems@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 00:02:17 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 07:00:31 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My SUSE XEN experience so far. Unfortunatly I lost
lots of time learning iptables. And I have failed ;-(

Turn off SUSE firewall. It doesn't allow comunications
beetween domains.

With firewall off you have another problem. Security.
I  gave up learning iptables and downloaded fwbuilder
with which I was able to set secure firewall rules (I
hope). fwbuilder is realy simple once you understand
how it works.

I have attached file to start my xen domains. I am no
Linux expert so I may have spoiled some settings but I
have experimented a lot and this now works for me. On
each domain I also run this script:

ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.22x
route add default gw 192.168.1.1 eth0

Now I have:
dom0 ip:192.168.1.220
dom1 ip:192.168.1.221
dom2 ip:192.168.1.222
and I can access internet from all of my domains.

I hope it helps

by

TheR

http://mail.yahoo.com