Re: [Xen-users] Guest OS crash!

To: yang jianguo <yangjianguo_biy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Guest OS crash!
From: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:27:11 -0500
Cc: xen <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 18:26:02 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
yang jianguo wrote:

> The ERROR:do_evtchn_op:HYPERVISOR_event_channel_op failed:-1still can
> not soluted.
> I type xend start 2 times,and can run a guest os "FreeDOS",The problem
> is after about 1 minutes the FreeDOS stopped, i can not input through
> kerborad. But ctrl+alt+2 is available.

Are you trying to boot freedos directly?

If so, that's not going to work (unless you have VT hardware--which you
would know if you did). Xen does para-virtualization which means that
the guest operating system must be modified to run under Xen.

You should have good luck with using something like qemu within a
para-virtualized guest if you want to run FreeDOS though.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori