Re: [Xen-users] Fc4 console woes and /lib/tls

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Mark Williamson wrote:

> > Don't worry about it. FC4's glibc uses TLS/NPTL libraries by default
> > (/lib/tls either isn't empty or doesn't even exist). This actually
> > shouldn't cause any stability issues, as the emulation for negative GS
> > register offsets seems quite effective these days.
>
> Doesn't FC4's glibc do something sensible when running on Xen anyhow (as it
> does when running on a 2.4 kernel?).  Rik, care to clarify for us? :-)

Yes.  The VDSO page in FC4 contains an ELF note that tells
glibc to use the libc variant that does explicit address
calculations instead of using negative segment offsets.

Of course, I did run into an execshield/vdso bug and need
to get the VDSO enabled again ;)

--
All Rights Reversed