Re: [Xen-devel] VMX Hardware

On 14 Aug 2005, at 11:44, Goetz Bock wrote:

As the VMX hardware is supposed to be out "soon" I actually wanted to
wait for it to hit the shelvs first.

Looks like I can not do this. so I've a question for the informed.

What hardware should I get now, and still be able to upgrade to VMX when
it's available? If possible only by getting a new CPU.

Buying a mainboard with LGA775 socket is probably a fairly safe bet, but there's no guarantee that future processor generations will run on it even if the socket doesn't change. Compatibility might depend on the manufacturer creating appropriate BIOS patches, for example.

 -- Keir