Re: [Xen-users] unstable network problem

Tim Durack wrote:
I'm using tg3 also. I tried the NETIF hack, this just appears to force
RX checksumming off, which doesn't fix the problem either.

Should also force tx off, which should avoid one of the
problems that needs fixing.

Unfortunately I am experiencing these problems in a routed environment...

Any other ideas?

I don't believe anyone else has seen the checksum errors
before - so I'm inclined to believe your problem is not
the same as those we are currently investigating for
other issues..It would be good to nail this down.

Would you be ok with turning on DBG?

thanks,
Nivedita

Unfortunately, that's not an easily configurable
driver. If you don't mind recompiling the kernel,
try editing the driver and turning off NETIF_F_IP_CSUM,
i.e. force dev->features &= ~NETIF_F_IP_CSUM as
a quick short-term test.

I've got only a production install of Xen, and while the kernel is a custom
build
of 2.0.6-testing, it can't really be rebooted at the moment.  It looks like it
hasn't fixed the issue for Tim, so it doesn't seem promising anyway.

We've spoken earlier about switching to routed guests rather than bridged and
you
talked about producing a README on the setup of that configuration.  Is that
available?  Do we think routing would fix the problem?

John

--
John Madden
UNIX Systems Engineer