[Xen-users] Running workstation and firewall on the same hardware

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Running workstation and firewall on the same hardware
From: Morten Guldager <morten.guldager@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 20:07:41 +0200
Delivery-date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 18:06:06 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Greetings!

I'm a paranoid SuSE guy.

Until now I have allways had 2 machines, one for my primary
workstation, and one for my firewall. Both running SuSE. The firewall
serves other machines on the LAN as well.

The workstation is stuffed with tons of SuSE bloatware, the firewall
is kept as simple as possible.

Resently I discovered Xen, and thougth that I could use it to combine
the workstation and firewall in one piece og hardware.

First plan were to create 3 xen domains: Dom0, WS and FW

But it seems to be quite a job to the all my fancy hardware available
to anything but Dom0

Next idea is to only have two domains: Dom0 and FW. And then use Dom0
for workstation.

What is your sugestions?

--
/Morten %-)