Re: [Xen-users] XEN time and system time

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XEN time and system time
From: Paul Edgar <javaoops@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 16:35:29 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 21:34:01 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Smith wrote:
On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 04:26:03PM -0500, Paul Edgar wrote:

All,

Do the xen VM machines sync with the system time at all.  We are
seeing, that when changing the date on one of the xen session, it
almost imediately change back to the host time.

There is some setting you can change to let each domU have an
independent wallclock.  Without setting that, there is only one
system time, it comes from dom0, and you can't change it.

I'm sure someone will tell you what the setting is exactly; I cannot
remember it right now I'm afraid.

But before they do, why do you need your domUs to have different
ideas of what the time is, exactly?

Well for time testing for one thing, we are testing with changes to the independent session times.