Re: Spam:*, Re: [Xen-users] (no subject)

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Spam:*, Re: [Xen-users] (no subject)
From: Marcus Brown <marcusbrutus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 16:49:35 +1000
Delivery-date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 06:48:04 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Ernst Bachmann wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Thursday 28 July 2005 05:37, Jacek Aviles wrote:
>

>>I am trying to install xen under Fedora Core 4 and when I try to boot
>>it, right after selecting xen from the grub list, I get an error.  It says
>>
>>kernel /boot/xen-2.0.gz dom0_mem=131072
>>Error 15: File not found
>>

>Did you verify that the file /boot/xen-2.0.gz is actually there?
>if /boot is on a seperate partition on your system, did you mount it before
>installing xen-2.0.gz there?

Also make sure that the root statement in menu.lst points
to the boot device.

If boot is a separate partition you should remove '/boot' from the start
of the kernel statement. Otherwise the statement you have supplied
would make the bootloader try to load a kernel from /boot/boot/xen...gz

Marcus.