Re: [Xen-users] multiple level lvm snapshots

To: Jason McCandless <jasonmccandless@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] multiple level lvm snapshots
From: Christian Hergert <christian.hergert@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:56:18 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:54:52 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is a terrible idea. Note that if you have say 40mb/sec on regular
lvm partition, you will be reduced to about 10mb/sec on the cow. also,
major fs intensive things are likely to kill your cow. (i have noticed
nessus completely ruining a lvm snapshot). because of this, there is
work being done to create a real cow fs in replacement of lvm snapshots.

~ chris