Re: [Xen-users] kernel panic - Init problems

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] kernel panic - Init problems
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:25:17 +0100
Cc: "K.C. Ramakrishna" <kcramakrishna@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:24:18 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> My grub.conf is
> title Xen 2.0 / XenLinux 2.6- 1th test
>         root (hd0,1)
>         kernel /xen-2.0.6.gz dom0_mem=524288 noreboot
> init=/sbin/init
>         module /vmlinuz-2.6-xen0 root=/dev/hda2 ro
> console=tty0
> issue but still have not managed to get it running.

This doesn't look quite right: Grub's (hd0,1) is Linux's /dev/hda2.  You
appear to have a separate partition for /boot with your kernels on it: this
is not going to have /sbin/init on it, so you're probably pointing Linux at
the wrong partition with that root= directive.

Try booting native Linux, and reviewing the output of "mount" to see what
partition / is on, then make the root= directive point to it.

You shouldn't need to pass init= anywhere (but if you did, it would need to be
on the "module" line, for Linux, since the error comes from Linux and not
from Xen itself).

Cheers,
Mark