[Xen-users] Enabling auto domU start causing system reboot

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Enabling auto domU start causing system reboot
From: master@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:56:30 -0400 (EDT)
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:55:22 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I would like to have xen auto start the domUs when the dom0 is rebooted.
System is FC4 for both dom0 and domU. 1GB ram, etc.

I've enabled xend as chkconfig --add xend and it works fine.

I've enabled xendomains as chkconfig --add xendomains and it works fine as
long as I don't have any domain config file in /etc/xen/auto. If I add a
file and reboot dom0, the host appears to boot normally, the console
displays the startup stuff and begins to run X. At some point (I don't
know where and the logs don't say much), it appears the dom0 crashes (or
is shutdown?) and the system reboots. This goes on forever (well, I
haven't waited that long, but at least 10 cycles) until I remove the
config from the auto directory.

I have no issues manually starting the domU after the dom0 has finished
booting.

Any thoughts? Maybe all you clustered-linux gods never have your systems
go down to experience this functionality? Granted, the only time my box
goes down is for testing, hardware or a kernel anyway.