[Xen-users] XEN hardware compatibility list

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] XEN hardware compatibility list
From: koxman <koxman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:04:32 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 06:03:06 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello

I tried both XEN 2.0.6 and 3.0 on my ASUS M6800NE notebook.

2.0.6 - overheating  and hang  when  start to use  more  CPU (ACPI is not present in this version)
3.0    -  runing fine but generaly but integrated Broadcom gigabit network card is not working

With both versions is not posible to use cpufreq/speefreq like utilities for CPU throtling.

Based on my explorations - please can you write down your hw related xen experiences?

I am planing to build server for servis DomU´s - do you have any recommendations?

I am looking for something like:

2xOpteron
4GB RAM
AMD or nForce4 Pro chipset
RAID 1 from SATA disks

Anybody has some experience with Xen stable on nForce chipset - both desktop and server version?

Does it worth to use Hyperthreading on Intel when running Xen?

Thanks

koxman