[Xen-users] Subversion server not working properly on dom0?

To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Subversion server not working properly on dom0?
From: Matt Sullivan <matthew.sullivan@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:21:11 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:23:16 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello all,

I recntly setup a dual CPU machine with Xen, running on a fresh build of Gentoo. dom0 is Gentoo, as is the three domU's on there. The intention is to have a virtual development box, with a number of virtual servers running different dev environments for each developer. That works lovely.

I installed subversion on dom0, with the intention of letting each virtual server (and other external boxes) use this as the code repository. I am using svnserve. Now, when I access the server from either the domU's, or external machines, it sort of works a couple of times, then the svn clients simply hang. I restart svnserve with the same effect. I tried an svnserve on one of the domU's, and it works perfectly!

Now, is there a problem with svnserve running specifically on dom0? I've setup svnserve loads of times before, so I am reasonably experienced with it. Anyone had problems like this, and is there a reason the svnserve on dom0 is just not working?

Thanks,

Matt