[Xen-users] Notebook - random hang of dom0

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Notebook - random hang of dom0
From: koxman <koxman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:28:24 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:27:08 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all

I am playing with the XEN on notebook ASUS M6800NE.
Thats an Centrino 755 2Ghz with 1MB Cache, 1GB RAM and other not so
important things.

My distribution is Gentoo on 2.6.11 kernel which is runing in non-xen
version without any problems.

Now I started to play with Xen 2.0.6. I have both dom0 and domU
compiled from source.

Now we are comming in to the problem:

I have random hard hang-outs already when dom0 starts!
Sometime it hangs when calculating dependencies-then I have to
poweroff the notebook and start again. Ok it comes to the login. I am
starting KDE, firefox, starting xend a hang again. Sometime even
without running something, just staying in the console.

I would like to repeat that with non-xen kernel is it rock stable...

Enclosed you can find the .config form dom0

Another weird thing is that when I use same installation inside the
VM-Ware than again its rock stable...
For better understanding:  Runing WinXP Pro - runing VM-Ware 5-virtual
machine using real partition

That leads me int to the following point:

- is xen generaly compatible with Pentium-M - Centrino and CPU freq
scaling technologies?
- does anybody use xen on the similar platform - Centrino etc..?
- may I ask someone to inspect my dom0 kernel config?

Thanx for your assistance

koxman