Re: [Xen-users] LVM

On Thursday 14 July 2005 04:23, Ardalan K wrote:
> Hi Marcus,
>
> I am amazed how you have LVM support. Because
> linux-2.6.11-xen0's configuration does n't have any
> module for LVM.

Whats problematic about LVM? just enable it, compile a new xen0 kernel, done.

> None of the modules in xen0's config
> (all those you named in your earlier email) has
> anything to do with LVM.

with 2.6 kernels, LVM is implemented atop the device mapper kernel modules.
So you need the device mapper (DM) kernel modules, and the LVM2 userspace
utilities.

> I think LVM module is called
> lvm-mod. Could you or anyone verify for me that you
> have this module in your xen0 kernel? I guess this is
> the kernel I should look into for LVM support.

Yes, usually you put LVM into dom0 kernel, and then are free to export lvm LVs
as virtual harddisks to the domU guests.

/Ernst