Re: [Xen-users] postfix on centos-4

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] postfix on centos-4
From: Mark Foster <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:16:42 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:18:28 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
John Fairbairn wrote:

I haven't had the problems that your describing on centos4 I built my rpm
from the centos4 source-rpm and enabled mysql but that shouldn't make a
difference.
Is there anything else you can tell us? What does an strace yield when the
rpm hangs? (strace rpm -Uhv postfix-x.x.x.rpm).
Any additional info would be helpful.
Update:
After using strace I saw the the install script wanted to do something with the postfix user. I was able to get it installed by tweaking my /etc/nsswitch.conf file and removing ldap for shadow, passwd and group. Something about postfix installation wanting to add the postfix user was not sitting well with the PAM configuration in system-auth.

Thanks for your advice!

--
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
Mark D. Foster, CISSP <mark@xxxxxxxxx>  http://mark.foster.cc/