[Xen-users] Could not open channel to DOM0

To: Xen userlist Userlist <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Could not open channel to DOM0
From: Rigas Wendel <beerman_wendel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 19:26:51 +0200 (CEST)
Delivery-date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 17:25:46 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for your replies;

With the netbsd-INSTALL_XENU Kernel you can actually
boot  and then start installing (the kernel contains a
ramdisk with sysinst). You can use sysinst to install
from the mounted CDROM. I did it once on linux and it
did work. (After the installation you have to switch
to a different kernel.)

But now I am trying it on NetBSD 3.0 Beta.

According to the NetBSD / Xen Howto it should work. I
think that my problem has nothing to do with the way I
mount the CDROM and / or the disk file. (I would like
to run my domain in a single file; so the domain would
be easy to copy and performance does not matter in my
case. If anyone knows how to make such a file in
NetBSD, please tell me ...)

The message "could not open channel to DOM0" sounds
more like a networking or permission problem to me.

Is there a way to raise the log level?
Any other ideas?

Rigas