Re: [Xen-users] Problems starting xfrd to migrate a domain

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Problems starting xfrd to migrate a domain
From: Miguel Gómez <elmiguelonmakinon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 14:28:41 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 12:27:31 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hello,
Thank you for your responses, I've done what you say, so I have created the symlinks from libcurl.so.2 to libcurl.so.3 and now I can start xfrd, it finds all the libraries it needs, and it looks fine to me.

I did that  in  two machines and I tried to migrate a Domain (ttylinux domain) from a machine to the other one, but the migration fails. I am not trying to do a live migration, so I don't need to have a NFS server with the VBD in it, do I?

The migration fails and I get this error:

Error: errors: transfer daemon (xfrd) error: 1

And I've got stucked in that. Yesterday I found a messaje in Xen-users mail-list talking about it, but It doesn't get into any conclusion.

xfrd starts, and if I do netstat -na, I find that there's a service listening at port 8002, is this correct? xfrd has to do that, doesn't it?

Then I execute

#xm migrate Debian1 192.168.0.4

And I get the error. Both of the machines are in the same subnet. Where should I look for the problem?
Thank you for your support and patiente.

Regards,
         Miguel.