Re: [Xen-users] missing drivers, am I confused?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] missing drivers, am I confused?
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 14:42:06 +0100
Cc: Sascha Retzki <sretzki@xxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 13:48:47 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Ehm, I tried my luck with a 2.6.11 (that which ships with xen-2.0.6)
> and tried to find my NICs, soundcard and so on under
> make ARCH=xen menuconfig
> but, I can't. I am seriously confused, why is that?

Unless you enable Physical Device Access in the Xen section of the config, the
Drivers section of the kernel config won't be very interesting ;-)  I seem to
remember these defaulting to off...  Anyhow - if you enable that, and
Privileged Domain then it should work.

You might need to also go switch on "PCI Bus Support" somewhere.

Cheers,
Mark