[Xen-users] can't find eth0 when started XEN first time

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] can't find eth0 when started XEN first time
From: Mat <md@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 11:03:25 +0000 (UTC)
Delivery-date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 11:26:35 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi board,

sorry for this question as it's maybe trivial and for sure already answered
somewhere.

Using Debian Sarge I installed XEN according to the manual and got it running...

title Xen 2.0 / XenLinux 2.6
  kernel /boot/xen-2.0.gz dom0_mem=131072
  module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xen0 root=/dev/hda0

Unfortunatly no network device has been left so I'm neither able to ping xen
nor am I able to login for remote administration.

Actually I expected XEN to use the "old" configurations of my base-
installation. Am I wrong?

Has anybody please a step by step advise for a linux newbe like I am?

cheers,