Re: [Xen-users] Xen Install

Please send replies to the list rather than only to me.

Have you installed Twisted?

James

Ramarathnam Sriram wrote:
Hi James,
     Thanks alot for your prompt response.
Now when i boot into my xen-linux2.6.11.10 kernel and give the command xend start i get the following message

[root@tfrc1 ~]# xend start
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/xend", line 27, in ?
    from xen.xend.server import SrvDaemon
  File "/auto/groups/xeno-xenod/users/xenod/cron-build/R24768.dir/xen-
2.0.bk/dist/install/usr/lib/python/xen/xend/server/SrvDaemon.py", line 20, in ?
ImportError: No module named twisted.internet
[root@tfrc1 ~]#

Please suggest what to do.

Thanks
Sriram

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:01:36 +0100, James Bulpin wrote

Ramarathnam Sriram wrote:

Hi,
 I am trying to install xen on top of Fedora
I appended the following lines in menu.lst file

 title Xen 2.0 / XenLinux 2.6
 kernel /boot/xen-2.0.gz dom0_mem=131072
 module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xen0 root=/dev/sda4 ro console=tty0

This is direct copy from the user manual without modification for your own system I suspect.

it gives the following errror

Root-NFS: no NFS server available,giving up
VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS,trying floppy
VFS: Insert root floppy and press enter

And when I press enter I see
kernel panic (not syncing...)
(I did not catch the rest)
and it reboots.

also i tried changing root=/dev/hdc since that is what my root is inside /etc/fstab.

No it isn't, according to your followup email:

  /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /   ext3    defaults        1 1

You'll need an initrd for the kernel to be able to mount this.

Boot into native Linux and run as root (I'm assuming XenLinux 2.6.11 - substitute your actual version):

  mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.6.11-xen0.img 2.6.11-xen0

  (you may have to do "depmod -a 2.6.11-xen0" first)

Append the following line to the Xen entry in your GRUB menu.lst

  module /boot/initrd-2.6.11-xen0.img

Change the root= option to root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00

James