[Xen-users] Xen 2.0 testing: some sort of DMA failure for TV card

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen 2.0 testing: some sort of DMA failure for TV card
From: Rainer Schöpf <rainer.schoepf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 16:46:55 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: Rainer Schöpf <rainer.schoepf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:46:00 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I've been trying xen (2.0-testing) on different hardware. Everything works
fine so far, except on my system at home: the Haupauge PVR 250 TV card
(with hardware mpeg encoder) does not work with xen.

The ivtv for that card driver seems to work as such: if I turn on
debugging, I see the interrupts and everything. Only the DMA transfers to
get the mpeg data out of the card get a timeout. Here the debugging output
is not really helpful.

I suspect the ivtv driver does something it isn't allowed to do even in
dom0.

How should I proceed to find out where the problem lies?

  Rainer Schöpf