Re: [Xen-users] network connection to and from domain0 does not work

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] network connection to and from domain0 does not work
From: [GDPR REDACTED] <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:22:48 +0100
Delivery-date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:17:27 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> My problem is that after starting XEN I cannot reach
> any other client on my network any more.
> The only machine I can ping is the virtual ttylinux
> vm.
> Therefore I cannot reach the XEN machine from outside
> using ssh or telnet.

Disable telnet anyway ;)

I had this problem too, and at least on my installation (from the binary
tarball, ive reinstalled from source since then and it works fine). For
some reason dispite having the bridge utilities installed the scripts
located at /etc/xen/scripts kept failing. If your ifconfig from your
hypervisor is correctly reporting the vifX.0 and the bridge, then see if
the following command works

/etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge up domain=<DOMAINANME> vif=vif<X>.0
bridge=xen-brO ip=192.168.0.1/24 (or whatever range you want)

It may require you to place a mac address in, so anything like
00:00:00:00:00:AA would be fine.

--
Regards,

[GDPR REDACTED]