Re: [Xen-users] supported distributions

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] supported distributions
From: Arijit Ganguly <aganguly@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 17:42:09 -0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 00:41:24 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I rebuilt my custom kernel, with extensive support for RAID.
I am still not able to boot XenLinux.

These are the last few lines that I see before the system reboots.

md: autodetecting RAID arrays
md: autorun DONE
Root-NFS: No NFS server available
VFS: unable to mount rootsfs via NFS, trying floppy
VFS: insert root floppy and press enter
Cannot open root=sda5 or unknown block(2,0)

One another note my boot device is /dev/sda5, just to make sure that Xen may have issues with extended and primary partitions.

any clues.

Arijit

Arijit