Re: [Xen-users] Manually setting IP address in domain config file

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Manually setting IP address in domain config file
From: Jeb Campbell <jebc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 14:54:35 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:54:57 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Michael Musson wrote:
Good idea, but I would like to be able to manually set the IP address
without hard coding it into the filesystem somewhere.  I've been looking
around and it looks like the functionality is supposed to be there with
setting ipaddr="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" in the domain config file, but it
doesnt seem to be working.

It seems that your init scripts would have to support that kernel parameter (no idea if that debian dom does).

For an example, I think that the ttylinux doms do support it.

Either way, not that hard to hack in.

Jeb

--
Jeb Campbell