Re: [Xen-users] newbie question on Xen booting

To: welu@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] newbie question on Xen booting
From: Michael Vrable <mvrable@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 16:32:25 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 23:31:42 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 05:57:18PM -0500, welu@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I am installing the XEN on Fedora, and get some trouble when I boot
> XEN first time. During the XenLinux booting, a error was issued
> "Warning: unable to open an initial console" and then system booting
> stoped. Does any body has a clue on the problem?

You are probably hitting the issue described here:

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenFaq#head-ea8b39d71e49cc16d287257de4c482f99d883097
    (6.2 "Why does Fedora Core 3 stop working after printing the line
    'Freeing unused kernel memory: ...'?")
You'll either need to create the appropriate device nodes in /dev (such
as console), or use an initrd that starts udev.

--Michael Vrable