Re: [Xen-users] discovering Xen version

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] discovering Xen version
From: Andrew Thompson <andrewkt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 22:43:02 -0400
Cc: ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 02:42:16 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ian Pratt wrote:
Is there a command which returns the version of Xen runing (i.e. 2.0.5, 3.0-devel), similar to the uname(1) command? At first I thought "xm info" would provide it, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Using "xm dmesg" one can see the version banner from Xen's message buffer, but isn't possible the message buffer could wrap or be cleared?

It's on the 'todo' list to add to 'xm info'. Patches welcome :-)

I'm 100% new to python, but I've figured out where to add code to make this show up in xm info. (Already tested with dummy data.)

Can anyone tell me what object or function I could squeeze to get the Xen version number?

Also, what should the label be called? I started with "xenversion", but wasn't sure if it should be xen or xend.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/