Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3

To: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3
From: Eric Masson <e-masson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 18:27:11 +0200
Cc: Andrew Walrond <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 27 May 2005 16:26:25 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi,

> Cool!  Xen seems to be getting lots of press coverage these days, which is
> nice :-)

Manuel Bouyer's and Kip Macy's work has broadened audience to bsd users
too :)

It's really nice to get a virtualization solution that doesn't require
an iSeries or a zSeries.

> The unstable tree contains initial support for x86_64 - it's still under
> heavy
> development, though.  I'm not sure how far along the guest support is (there
> are others on this list who follow it more closely than I) but you should at
> least be able to compile Xen and boot dom0 (admin domain).

Will it be possible to mix 32 and 64 bits domains under control of a 64
bits enabled hypervisor, just like the following :
- xen + domain0 in 64 bits mode
- mix of 32/64 bits domainU

TIA

Éric Masson

--
 sachez que "je suis" comme ca ici et "je serai" toujours
 comme ca ailleurs.