Re: [Xen-users] xend start

To: Xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xend start
From: Fernando Maior <fernando.souto.maior@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 08:23:45 -0300
Delivery-date: Tue, 24 May 2005 11:23:09 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 5/23/05, freedomoss <blandavid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do have SuSE Professional 9.2 installed on my machine. I have followed
> the install guidelines in installing the binaries.
> Unfortunately when I try to perform xend start after rebooting xen, I
> got these messages below:
>
>           Traceback (most recent call last) :
>                    File "/usr/sbin/xend", line 27, in ?
>                    from  xen.xend.server import SrvDaemon
>           ImportError: No module named xen.xend.server
>
> I've done some research over the net and it seems that most of the users
> are having this kind of problem but no definite or detailed answer I've
> ever seen. Need some help.
>
> Regards,

Hmmm,

Do not use the binaries. Compile from source. I am using SUSE
(yes, Novell changed the name from SuSE <sigh>) and could
only run Xen with no problems after compiling from source.

I am fully confident you will get Xen working like a charm if
you do it from scratch, like me.

Also, I did it for 2.0.5 and 2.0.6. No problem at all :)

--
Bye,
Fernando Maior