[Fwd: [Xen-users] fsck problem]

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Fwd: [Xen-users] fsck problem]
From: "John Fairbairn" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 16:33:32 -0500 (CDT)
Delivery-date: Mon, 23 May 2005 21:32:57 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,
   I run all CentOS-3.4/4 domU's and the problem lies in the CentOS 3.4
version of fsck, what i did to remedy the problem on CentOS 3.4 was to
grab the CentOS 4 e2fsprogs-src rpm and build a new rpm with 'rpmbuild
-ba /usr/src/SPECS/e2fsprogs.spec' this should build a new rpm that
will work for you, im using file based images so i just mount em,
change dir into the mounted filesystem and 'chroot .' this will allow
you to build and install the rpm w/o the DomU being booted. Then boot
normally and if it drops you to an fsck prompt just do 'fsck /' and in
about 2 seconds you'll be up n running. Another gotcha with CentOS 4
thus far has been the fact that berkeley db was compiled with mutexes.
Ive had to compile alot of custom rpm's for the 4.0 series as a result.
Just fyi.
Hope this helps ya out some :)

John Fairbairn